Now Hiring: Social Media and Web Communications Student Assistant
The Office of Academic Planning is hiring a Social Media and Web Communications Student Assistant to help with online communications. The student will be responsible for developing social media campaigns that target specific audiences. In addition, the student will implement social media plans to increase reach and engagement across multiple platforms. Finally, the student will conduct basic updates in WordPress following university guidelines. The student is expected to have excellent writing ability with attention to detail.
The student will gain firsthand experience in the field of communications and mentorship from communications professionals.
- exceptional writing skills with experience in copy editing
- skilled in developing social media campaigns across multiple platforms in a business setting
- experience in web development software, specifically WordPress
- basic office experience
- familiarity with the Adobe Design suite
- prompt and reliable
- ability to work independently with minimal direction
- ability to manage time efficiently
- detail oriented
Tasks may include:
- disseminating outreach materials electronically — through social media and email — and physically throughout campus and within the community
- develop registration forms and conduct basic website updates in WordPress
- develop social media campaigns around specific subject matters
- review google news alerts and develop a list of relevant articles
- maintain and update contact lists
- basic office duties including scheduling, copying, and errands
- entering information into an excel database
Start Date: January 9, 2017
Hours: 12-15 per week
Compensation: $15 per hour
Register for Zotlink with your UCI email address. Your password is your student ID number. Please note, you will be asked for a writing sample upon applying for position.
Search for posting number 820106
If you have any questions please contact Diana Lofflin, email@example.com.